USA June July 2010
Ascolta Beppe Gambetta su
ACOUSTIC NIGHT 10
IRELAND January - February 2010
NEWS FROM THE GERMAN TOUR:
Beppe is featured on FOLKER (November-Dezember 2009 issue)
The CD "Beppe Gambetta Collection" is out on ACOUSTIC MUSIC RECORDS
Czech Republic October 2009
USA September October 2009
NEW VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE:
Highlights of Summer 2009:
BEPPE GAMBETTA 17th INTERNATIONAL GUITAR WORKSHOP
MORE "RENDEZ-VOUS" REVIEWS IN THE WORLD
...Though he's shown over the years that he can keep pace with the Tony Rices and Dan Crarys of the world, it is Gambetta's understated elegance as a flatpicker that has set him apart and made him an in-demand partner the world over, and he's as elegant as ever on Rendez-vous. (Sing Out! - JL)
USA TOUR JUNE JULY 2009
ACOUSTIC NIGHT 9
ACOUSTIC NIGHT 9 IN TOUR
With Rendez-vous I'm trying to break the borders of the flatpicking technique in a creative way, experimenting new "full sounding" solutions to obtain a sort of a "plectrum-fingerstyle" sound in an unusual synthesis
I have the pleasure to present to the listeners artists that come from completely different artistic worlds in a really stimulating combination: from the singer songwriting avant-garde of Patty Larkin and Darrell Scott to the Italian wave of the Sixties of Francesco Guccini, from the newgrass mastery of Missy Raines and Jim Hurst to the early-music tenor voice of Marco Beasley; from the button accordion of my son Filippo Gambetta to the guitar of the Brasilian maestro Marco Pereira and the old-time fiddle of Bruce Molsky; from the progressive European style of French mandolinist Patrick Vaillant to the ethno-urban percussions of Marco Fadda and the jazzy bass of Riccardo Barbera.
READ REVIEWS (in Italian)
- Some of the great moments in May 2009:
- During the concert presentation of "Rendez-vous" at the Theatre Bon in Colugna (UD), Claudia Endrigo (daughter of the singer-songwriter Sergio Endrigo), joined Beppe on stage and they sang together Endrigo's wonderful song "Madame Guitar" (recorded by Beppe and Darrell Scott in the new CD).
- First Italian presentation of the new CD "Rendez-vous" at Folk Club in Turin (December 5, 2008). Read the review on IL GIORNALE DELLA MUSICA (in Italian)
- Beppe playing at "Leonardo" High School in Genova, Italy to support the students against the Gelmini bill (November 2008)
- Highlights from the September - October 2008 USA tour:
- At the 16th annual Beppe Gambetta International Summer Workshop 2008 in Ambroz pod Krvavcem, Slovenia I had the great pleasure to teach and share the stage with American guitar master Steve Kaufman. We spent a really fantastic week together and everyone enjoyed to have this great guest. In this occasion the winner of the "flatpicking" award has been Yiannis Gougourelas from Greece.
- Highlights from my June-July 2008 USA Tour:
- The Acoustic Night 8 in Genova, Italy with Beppe Gambetta, Bruce Molsky, Missy Raines and Jim Hurst have been a huge success with 3000 people filling the beautiful Teatro della Corte.
- BEPPE GAMBETTA live at RADIO 2 "L'Altrolato", a program by Federico Taddia, written with Claudia Ceroni, directed by Patrizia Gobbi, Sunday April 27 2008.
- Beppe and Franco Mussida at CPM (Centro Professione Musica), Milan, Open Week, Spring 2008.
- February 2008: just back from Ireland. Thank you all for selling out my concerts and for the great hospitality!
- In November / December 2007 I had my longest and successfull German, Austria, Switzerland and Luxemburg tour. I had the great pleasure to meet all my audiences and to play for the first time in many new towns.
- Here are some highlights from my September - October 2007 US Tour:
- Playing with Patty Larkin at the Summerfest in New Bedford, MA (July 8, 2007).
- At the International Soave Guitar Festival 2007 I had the great pleasure to meet for the first time Monte Montgomery and Brian Andrew Lee from Austin, Texas. We had great time together and I was very pleased to meet with so many fans and friends that were waiting since long time for my appearance at this Festival.
- I'm featured with a nice interview and two music tabs from the "Blu di Genova" CD on AKUSTIK GITARRE (March/April 2007).